Why Am I Asking Why?
I know a lot of people write great posts explaining the top 5 or 10 ways to do something re: social media or PR. In case you haven’t noticed by now, I’m not a big fan of writing these. I’ll do it every so often, but I want you to delve deeper into what you need or want out of social media and why you need PR.
That’s not to say anything bad about those posts, they are quite useful and I’m hoping to do more of them in the future.
However, I ask so many questions because by asking you these questions, you will be able to provide yourself with better social media planning than I can from this side of the laptop screen. It’s my hope that in providing you some of the foundational knowledge I have, I can help you to develop your own goals in using social media, public relations and communications strategy. It’s that old “teach a man to fish…” idea. I am happy to help and hope to plant the seeds for your own brilliance, and will help as much as I can to provide you with the ingredients for your own social media and communications menu (going back to the idea of Iron Chef Social Media), but the true brilliance for your needs will almost always come from you.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Don't let your tactics guide your strategy - @brhoten #nuggsforUNM 18 hours ago
- If you do cool stuff on social media, people and platforms will notice. Don't be boring. - @brhoten #nuggsforunm 18 hours ago
- Sitting in on a Q&A with @Wendys social & digital mastermind @brhoten dropping serious knowledge! Thanks… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- RT @ProfBenavidez: We have a few seats available for Wendy's social media presentation to @UNM_Anderson this morning at 11:15. Send me a dm… 20 hours ago
- RT @moment: Looking for the best tools for your mobile photography or filmmaking? Look no further: momnt.io/TheGearWeLoveTW 2 days ago